- Turn on the Wi-Fi from the K1 by going to: Menu > Camera Settings > Wi-Fi and select “Wi-Fi”. The toggle switch on the right of the “Wi-Fi” option and the blue LED next to the shutter button indicates whether the Wi-Fi is turned on or not.
- If you have already installed the K1 app, please skip to step 3. Otherwise, please install the app for your iOS or Android device.
- Go to the phone’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Wi-Fi from the K1. If you are not certain where to find the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and/or password, please go to: Menu > Camera Settings > Wi-Fi > ID & PASSWORD (See Fig. A).
- Once the phone and K1 are connected, please open the K1 app and select “Live Streaming” at the bottom right corner (See Fig. B).
- Select the appropriate live stream services you are interested: YouTube, or RTMP (streaming servers for advanced users)
- Input the necessary information to establish connection:
- YouTube: You can find the live stream key at this page. Please allow around 24 hours for YouTube to activate the live stream key before using it.
- RTMP (advanced users): If you’re using services other than Facebook/YouTube, you can use RTMP URL to stream. If you are not certain, please contact the streaming service for obtaining the RTMP URL (for example: Twitch).
- When you’re done setting up the live streaming services, please hit “next” and open the “AP Settings” (See Fig. C). This is a settings to instruct the K1 which Wi-Fi it needs to connect to for live streaming.
- Please input the Wi-Fi broadcasted from the router or hotspot for the K1 to connect to. This is not the Wi-Fi broadcasted from the K1 (not the Wi-Fi from the K1). When connecting, please ensure the Wi-Fi band is 2.4 GHz. Once it is connected, the K1 will remember the Wi-Fi SSID (name), Wi-Fi Password, live stream settings, and device. It is best to connect the K1 to a designated router/hotspot. Once you’re done, please hit Next.
- The K1 should automatically start live streaming. To turn live streaming off: turn off the Live Streaming settings from the K1 and restart the unit.
**Unfortunately Facebook live streaming is no longer available due to dropped connections issue at Facebook’s end.